How to Wear Your STETHOSCOPE with HIJAB!
04. June 2016 TIPS & TRICKS 3
As a first year medical student I struggled with trying to get my stethoscope on without compromising my hijab. Looking back, I had to experiment with the weirdest tricks until I was able to finally come up with a fairly good method of wearing the hijab comfortably with easy access to my stethoscope! I know that I certainly am not the only hijabi that has struggled with this issue and so I thought I would share my seemingly obvious but crucial discovery.
Summary of Steps:
- Wear a cotton bonnet.
- Fold the cotton bonnet slightly at the ears to open access to your external ear canal.
- Wrap your hijab around your head as you normally would (without any pins under the chin!).
- Loosen the part you just wrapped and fold under the neck as needed to maintain adequate coverage.
- Perform a “pre-test” by mimicking your stethoscope with your index fingers to assess how loose it is and whether or not you need to loosen it a bit more… Adjust accordingly. Eventually you will be able to get a feel for how loose it needs to be without showing your neck and you may confidently skip this step with some practice.
- Pin your hijab onto your bonnet with the folds that you would like to frame your face.
- And you’re ready to auscultate!!
Here’s the complete video tutorial.
For other ways of wearing your stethoscope with hijab, click here, and here. Enjoy~!
3 thoughts on “How to Wear Your STETHOSCOPE with HIJAB!”
I also wear a hijab and I know the struggles of wearing a mask or a stethoscope with a hijab therefore I really like your videos and think that your tips and tricks are very helpful <3
Thank you 🙂
I’m really glad you find them helpful! Let me know if you have any other tricks of your own 😉
Cant you hear sounds through the thin clothing of hijab?
Cuz without pins under chin i find it difficult to manage as the hijab doesnt stay in its 1place
Comments are closed.